Thursday, January 18, 2007

Short story: a promise to God.

Once God asked a man to wish for anything he wants. Man asked God “Do you love everybody? And God replied “Yes, my dear son. I love every creature in this universe.” Out of curiosity man asked him, “Do you know everything? Even what’s inside my mind? ”. God said “Yes, I do”. Giving a smile man asked god to give him power to know what everybody is thinking. God smiled and said “ok, my son. I will do the same but promise me that then you won’t start hating humans”. After promising God man asked him whether He has given him the power or not. God said “You have the power now.” Looking for all the answers he ever had in his mind, man gazed towards God. A voice came out of his fainted face “Ohh God, Why did you lie to me?” and the Almighty disappeared.

2 Comments:

Blogger neo said...

Though it was a short story i felt rather it was incomplete..u cud have finished by adding some more lines..

5:31 PM  
Blogger jasdeep mandia said...

well thanks neo.

actually there were 3 possible endings of it. well, i have changed the story a bit. & i hope u "ll like it. still there are more than 1 endings possible in the story.

in case you are interested in older version of the story which neo is talking about, here it is....
Once god asked a man to wish for anything he wants. Out of curiosity man asked him, “Do you know everything? Even what’s inside my mind? ”. God said “Yes, I do”. Giving a smile man asked god to give him power to know what everybody is thinking. God smiled and said “ok, my son. I will do the same but promise me that then you won’t start hating humans”.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home