Monday, March 17, 2008

Walking all alone

There is nothing to do, nothing to say;
I am walking on my way.
There is nothing to hide, nothing to show;
I am walking all alone.


There was a time, in some place;
I was running, my life was a race.
The finishing point of one race;
Was the starting point of another race.
I left everything, left the race;
Life is still moving, but without any pace.

It was my passion or my protection;
Somehow I was moving towards perfection.
I earned gold, earned recognition;
And they were my source of satisfaction.
But with my true self I had no interaction,
So, left everything for the independence.


People call me fool, they call me moron;
Strangely, the same people don’t matter anymore.
Nothing to love, nothing to hate;
Gave my life in the hands of fate.
No target, no aim, no shame, no glory;
Ahh! That’s me! That’s me!

Wind is touching my face;
I walk from place to place.
Sometimes I skip dinner, sometimes lunch;
I love this so much.
No place to go, nowhere to reach;
I am just walking and have nothing to preach.


There is nothing to do, nothing to say;
I am walking on my way.
There is nothing to hide, nothing to show;
I am walking all alone.


PS:- Dedicated to a friend of mine.

_jasdeep Mandia


10 Comments:

Blogger Tarun Soni said...

A very well written piece... I wish I could walk alone, but I am lot materialistic right now...

It kind of looks like your state of mind... :) but I know you are being pulled back to this materialistic world by some people :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger jasdeep mandia said...

don't know.
big question still left: whts materialistic and whts not?
anyway, what matters is doing what you want. materialist and non-materialism is not the question.

2:03 PM  
Blogger The Inner Circle said...

Excellent poem!...gud thoughts gone into it...feels a really emotional and touching piece...

just a small comment on ur comment above: if what matters is what we want to do ... how abt this; a criminal wants to commit a crime, a suicide bomber wants to kill innocent people etc etc.. !

3:47 PM  
Blogger DC said...

wow jassi "The Inner circle" has given u the best topic u can always debate

10:42 PM  
Blogger anshu said...

jassi.............

awesome yaar.........

god bless u........

tc........:) keep smiling my frnd

4:53 PM  
Blogger Junaid said...

who is it dedicated too?

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kafir said...

to hell with who is reading n who is not, u got to speak yr heart aloud. Its a party called life n u r in !!!!!!!!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love any poem which can best depict loneliness..but unfortunately very few can actually do it :)

while this one was very gud in meaning, i felt some rhyming was unnecessary which was disturbing my reading rhythm...
anyways that was literary part..

Abt the meaning in itself..wat more can i say dude..reminded me of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" :)

Neo

5:08 PM  
Blogger neo said...

I love any poem which can best depict loneliness..but unfortunately very few can actually do it :)

while this one was very gud in meaning, i felt some rhyming was unnecessary which was disturbing my reading rhythm...
anyways that was literary part..

Abt the meaning in itself..wat more can i say dude..reminded me of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" :)

Neo

5:12 PM  
Blogger jasdeep mandia said...

thx naresh for the comments.
this poem is more of solitude and less of loneliness.
i was looking for solitude when i wrote this.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home