Friday, December 21, 2007

Experience: on the way to Jhansi

I was looking outside from the window in the train. Then it passed from a bridge- a normal bridge, but long enough to make me realize that train is passing from it and just deep enough to give me a feeling that if trains falls down I will die for sure. What will happen if train derails or the bridge breaks? And then I imagined myself dying because of collision of trains moving in opposite direction, each with a speed of 90Km/hour. I felt small, I felt weak. There is always a chance- a probability that I meet an accident or miss it. And this chance is not in my hands. Then there are some more powerful forces- all the natural calamities. A scene of few hundred people dying because of Tsunami flashed in front of my eyes. I wasn't there. But this doesn't make me happy, I felt smaller, weaker.
And then, I realized I am too small and doesn't matter what all I do, I just can't control these things. All I can do is to accept it. It is a fact.And unlike emotions, facts are absolute- they are neither good nor bad, neither right nor wrong. In a way, they are beautiful. And now, I am feeling quite peaceful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ritesh Saurabh said...

good one :)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"facts are absolute..neither good nor bad, neither right nor wrong"..i loved this line

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home