Sunday, September 30, 2007

Poem: four walls, a ceiling and a floor

It’s not my place, it’s not my home.
I am living inside four walls, a ceiling and a floor.
It’s a box, no window no door.
I am trapped inside four walls, a ceiling and a floor.


No voice from the world outside the fence.
No hello-hii, no how are u, no sympathy, no assurance.
Even in this pin drop silence, I can’t sleep.
Thousands voices inside my mind making me weep.


No light form the sun, not even from moon.
Darkness, pain and loneliness- all that I choose.
I want darkness. Don't want anybody to come inside.
Don’t want any hope or any ray of light.


It’s where I live, it’s my home.
I am living inside four walls, a ceiling and a floor.
It’s a box, no window no door.
I am trapped inside four walls, a ceiling and a floor.


-Jasdeep Mandia


PS: I always wanted to write this poem. Dedicated to some really fu*ked up person. I had this character in my mind, felt it for 20 minutes, wrote something and then I was back to myself. And the result is this poem.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tarun Soni said...

This one is the best one from you - atleast to me... You have reached new heights in poetry..

12:07 AM  
Blogger Kalyan said...

After going through all your poems, I can say that you could have made this poem more intense. Gloom and melancholy apprehension could have been more striking if something like Dementor were used.
A good poem, but you could have produced better.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

THE PERSON IS ME............... I THOUGHT U R WRITING THE THOUGHTS IN MY MIND............... REALLY NICE.......... I SWEAR I WAS GOING TO WRITE THIS IF DINT.........

1:04 AM  
Blogger Kafir said...

jassi at his best !!!!!
I've always told u it is the best...
now that's called "inside the box thinking" ;-)

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home