Sunday, September 30, 2007

An Assignment: Back to Childhood.

I lost the keys of my home and was waiting for my flat-mate to return. Somehow I was killing time and saw a book named "Running from Safety" by my favorite writer "Richard Bach". Those who have not read any of his books except "Jonathan Livingston Seagull", I would like to mention that most of his books have some imaginary characters whom he lives with in his books. Writer's close interaction with them during the course makes them alive and a fiction looks like a biography. I would also strongly recommend you to read "Illusions - The adventures of a reluctant Messiah".

About "Running from Safety": There is a character who knows everything about Richard and lot more, who else it can be? No one; except someone who was living with Richard for last 60 years without showing a sigh of his existence. Suddenly this character appears and reminds him about the promise he made 50 years back to a child Dickie Bach, a child Richard was once. As promised Richard has to tell Dickie what he has learnt in last 50 years. Richard is not interested in giving advices to Dickie as he wants him to be independent and know about life by himself. Helping Dickie from the learning of his life and the lure of knowing about the dreams and fears of Dickie, who he was once, forces Richard to accost Dickie.

Bang! It’s a damn good idea. I stopped reading that book, got out of it. Before his childhood affects mine I decided to go back to my childhood and see what was I like? What were my dreams? What were my fears? And now after living 23 years what I have to offer to my childhood? What I can teach him? What can I learn from him? Have I forgotten something which I should not have?

Why I am putting it down for you people? Just to tell you that I have started writing down about my childhood. And the reader who thinks it is a sane idea to go back and discuss and then penning it down, I would love to share ‘Jolly’- a child I was and ‘Jasdeep Mandia’- a person I am now with ‘blabla’- a child you were and ‘BlaBla’- a person you are only when ‘blabla’ and ‘BlaBla’ are interested in the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ojha said...

‘Jolly’- a child I was and ‘Jasdeep Mandia’- a person I am now with ‘blabla’- a child you were and ‘BlaBla’- a person you are only when ‘blabla’ and ‘BlaBla’


Send me the link ..
ananya.ojha@gmail.com

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home