Friday, December 21, 2007

Experience: A Smile

I was sitting on the back seat of the bike and my friend Pramod was driving. On this semi rushed road an open auto carriage was going just in front of us. There were bundles of magazines in it and a boy about 15 years in age was sitting in the center with an authority as that of a security personnel standing outside a bank. But, he was more free, more excited. He was enjoying the crowd while listening to the music from his mobile phone. I gave him a smile just to start a communication without any words. He returned a bigger smile. Automatically, I gave a smile, so big that I ever gave to any stranger. He gave an even bigger smile to me as if there is some competition between us, competition of who can give a bigger smile, competition of who is happier to see the other. I didn't try to be better, didn't try to show how big a smile I can give. May be because I didn't want to fake it, or may be because I surrendered in front of his big broad smile, or may be because I didn't know how to react? He continued his smile, so did I. I was curious to know the name of the magazine and was trying different angles to read it. Suddenly, he opened up one bundle. He gave a big broad smile and again busied himself opening the bundle. He took out a magazine out of it. That was the moment I started laughing. My guess was right. He was opening it for me. He looked at me. We laughed. And then, he offered me that magazine. We were just smiling and laughing. Pramod took the bike just next to that auto and I accepted his gift as if it is for me only, as if its my birthday and I deserve this gift, as if I am taking a token of friendship and good will in this world, as if I am collecting the proof to justify a conclusion that "smile is the most beautiful thing in this universe".
-Jas Mandia

4 Comments:

Blogger Junaid said...

which mag was it?

6:29 PM  
Blogger Junaid said...

ek magazine ko free mein paaney k liye tuney kya kya nahi kiya

12:04 AM  
Blogger eighth said...

i have visited ur blog for the first time. and i quite likes this piece of writting. very simple and with very words says a lot of things... rader very effectively. liked it a lot.

9:27 PM  
Blogger jasdeep mandia said...

magazine was "men's world".

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home