Monday, March 17, 2008

Teddy Bear

I am never far from you, always near;
Whenever you need me, I am always there.
Ohh! My dear, ohh! My dear;
I am your teddy bear.

Whenever you want to cry;
so tightly- you hug me.
You don’t feel any shy;
Because you say we are best buddies.


You say you need me;
I know you need me.
I need you too;
But, I can’t tell you.


You come and share everything;
Whenever you feel high or low,
And even when you feel nothing;
You come, you say, you go.


Sometimes you ignore me;
For some reasons- I don’t know.
Sometimes you throw me;
For some reasons- I don’t know.

I know that I don’t like it;
-feeling ignored and worthless,
Waiting
Waiting

Waiting


Waiting.




-Jasdeep MAndia

8 Comments:

Blogger Tarun Soni said...

Another good one.. you have animated a lifless teddy through you writing, I really like the way you have depicted the feelings of the teddy...

One thing is not clear "Because you see yourself inside me" what does this mean?
I mean a child does consider his teddy bear his friend but doesnt see himself inside the teddy?

1:50 PM  
Blogger jasdeep mandia said...

thx tarun for the comments.
actually, this poem is on relationships.
cheers!

1:58 PM  
Blogger jasdeep mandia said...

thanks alot tarun.
the line "Because you see yourself inside me" has been changed to
"Because you say we are best buddies. "
so, now the poem can be perceived in two ways. once again, thx tarun.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading the poem makes me recollect all those people who have been my friend yet I 'teddy'd them. On last count, I could find 2 such people. I guess its high time I apologized to them.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Kafir said...

I felt as much on one side as the another......

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm..As a poet i wud wanted to have some ending in words,though not full in meanings..

I mean smth like this at the end..

How could you just not care?
And leave behind your Teddy Bear??

I know what your poem means btw..;)

Neo

5:03 PM  
Blogger jasdeep mandia said...

thx naresh,
may be bcoz of 2 reasons last lines were not there:-
1) teddy bear may not want to make things so obvious by asking.
2)why to end things? let it be like this. -uncertain, ambiguous.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Satty said...

man.... u r awsome.....
i'm ur fan.... :)

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home