Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Experience : Now walking down to office

So, I finally started walking down to office. It takes me 20 minutes instead of 15 minutes on bike. Am I wasting my time? 5 minutes, it’s hardly matters. Am I tiring myself? No. Am I less pissed off because of the lack of the infrastructure against the taxes paid to the government, or because I missed the green light just by a second, or because its boring to spend time by looking at the down counter timer, or because of 3 traffic light signals within a mere distance of 1 Km, or because most of the people walking on the road never realized that footpath is made for them, or because whole traffic is moving at a speed of Dabba-wala’s two-tire haath-gaadi as there is no space for over taking, or because I have to wear helmet even though the maximum speed possible is 20Kmph, or because PUC issues fake pollution certificates for just 10 bucks extra, or because of the over use of vehicle horns and less use of condoms in India? Yes, I am.

-jas

6 Comments:

Blogger Kafir said...

you know, the random movements of traffic give an insight to the human psyche. all you need to do is to detach yourself from the whole situation and be an outsider. then you start laughing at yourself !
:)

5:07 PM  
Blogger jasdeep mandia said...

hey gopal,
thts system level thinking.
i used to do the same earlier.
enough of thinking, publishing it and getting praise for it.
now i feel its important to get into the mud , making the hands dirty and accordingly making the changes.
i do get sweat when i walk to my office. and i am glad i have reduced my CO2 emission.
moreover, ignoring the problems is one option, second option is to solve it, 3rd is living with it and pissing urself out, 4th is looking for an alternative.
i shifted from option 3 to option 4.
cheers!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Kafir said...

actually what i was talking about is the way to option 4.
i liked the composition very much. quite interesting and involving...
:)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Kafir said...

u know jassi
i like your work because its arbit, random (like u), very individualistic but says a lot in its own way...

5:54 PM  
Blogger jasdeep mandia said...

thx alot gopal.

5:55 PM  
Blogger eighth said...

"remember we are all inconsequentail grains of the sands"

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home