Monday, October 13, 2008

Poem : The imperfect wall

I was staring at the wall
of my room, continuously.
Thinking how imperfect it looks
if you look closely.

Visible multiple layers of the paints
And from different angles you can see different shades.
Moreover, the wall is not that smooth
and I think it’s a bit tilted towards the room.

And then I found
four black dots on the wall.
The more I saw, more I found
- How ugly is the wall of my room.

I asked my friend to look at the wall
who one fine day came to meet me.
Staring it with a smile and his pleasant mood,
He said “Well, it looks good.”

-jasdeep mandia

2 Comments:

Blogger Kafir said...

:)
The poem talks, in simple words, about the little imperfections in life and one's perspective.
There are imperfections inside as well as outside us which affect your life the way you take it.

cheers !

2:40 PM  
Blogger kiranmai said...

good one...more than a poem.
I really like the way u analogized this trivial,unobserved thing like wall.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home